The plan to put America back to work
Business Roundtable CEOs today released “Taking Action for America: A CEO Plan for Jobs and Economic Growth,” a comprehensive plan to get America growing again.
Among their recommendations, America’s CEOs call upon the Administration and Congress to:
- Stabilize and reduce the federal debt relative to the size of the economy by achieving a balanced federal budget, excluding interest payments on the debt, within the next five years.
- Streamline the federal regulatory process and withdraw or modify each of eight proposed or pending regulations that BRT CEOs have identified as particularly costly and burdensome to business.
- Adopt a competitive U.S. corporate tax rate comparable to the OECD average and competitive territorial tax system similar to the rest of the world.
- Make U.S. energy systems more diverse, more domestic and more efficient.
- Advance policies to create a world-class workforce to enable Americans to compete and succeed in the world economy.
Click here to learn more about BRT’s CEO Action Plan for jobs and growth.
Business Roundtable (BRT) is an association of chief executive officers of leading U.S. companies with over $6 trillion in annual revenues and more than 14 million employees.
BRT member companies comprise nearly a third of the total value of the U.S. stock market and invest more than $150 billion annually in research and development – nearly half of all private U.S. R&D spending.
Our companies pay $163 billion in dividends to shareholders and generate an estimated $420 billion in sales for small and medium-sized businesses annually.
17 U.S.C. §512 compliant with the Business Round Table and approved for reprint
Congratulations to PRonlineNews selected as a Value-Click Affiliate for 2012
Short URL: http://pronlinenews.com/?p=18467